Social Media & Community Manager
Unfabled is the world’s first marketplace for menstrual wellbeing. Our ecommerce platform is the go-to place for sustainable and ethical brands for menstrual care, menstrual symptoms, and self-care throughout the month.
We launched in February 2021 with a mission to rewrite the consumer experience for period care. Tired of finding menstrual products next to the pet food aisle, our vision is to banish menstrual stigma and shame by building a better shopping experience for everyone with a period.
We’re looking for a brilliantly creative, driven and results-oriented social media guru. You live and breathe digital trends, able to create original concepts and content to take Unfabled’s brand to the next level. Reporting into our Founder & CEO, you will develop a social and content strategy targeted at a millennial & older gen z female audience that strengthens our brand, connects and engages with our community, and drives growth across social channels.
This role is perfect for someone eager to get early-stage startup experience: to have the opportunity to grow quickly, the potential to be promoted quickly, and to be rewarded for hitting targets. If you want to be in a mission-driven company where we spend each day working on women’s empowerment and sustainability, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Your main priority is to grow Unfabled’s online community through social media
- You will be responsible for managing Unfabled’s social media strategy and social media communications
- You will own and manage the social media content calendar to ensure content is regular, relevant and engaging
- You’ll own all social media channels and work to distribute relevant content to grow our reach
- You’ll come up with innovative campaigns to drive engagement and brand awareness, and to ultimately grow our audience
- You will source, create and edit content to be distributed on our social channels (image and video)
- You will build & leverage brand partnerships to grow our following
- You are confident bringing wit and craft to social creative, brand content calendars and community management responses
- You will manage Unfabled’s influencer strategy to drive Unfabled’s audience growth, editing and repurposing influencer content
- You will engage and manage our online community and continually grow our bank of user-generated content, editing and repurposing UGC
- You’ll analyse data and performance, continuously optimising for best results and reporting this feedback to the CEO
- You will work closely with the Unfabled team to create behind the scenes content
- You’ll stay abreast of social media trends, and seize opportunities to leverage these appropriately for Unfabled
We’re looking for someone who
- Lives and breathes social media and trends
- Has a minimum of 2 years experience in a consumer-related social media, or you successfully run your own social media channels
- Is skilled at creating and editing content (image and video) primarily for Instagram (Stories, IGTV, Reels) and TikTok
- Has Photoshop and design skills
- Has strong communication skills with impeccable grammar and writing skills and a close eye for detail
- Can develop copy for captions and keep within the brand TOV (copywriting skills are preferred)
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment and is eager to take on new challenges
- Loves getting their hands dirty and taking ownership
- Is extremely data-driven, constantly monitoring and analysing performance
- Is ambitious and has a desire to learn and grow quickly
- Is a confident self-starter willing to be an ambassador for Unfabled (this means showing your face on our social media!)
- Is a team player
- Is passionate about women’s empowerment and sustainability
Why join our team?
- You’ll take total ownership over the social media function to shape it according to your vision
- Join a business at the intersection of wellness, women’s empowerment, sustainability, ecommerce & technology: you’ll have lots of exposure to all areas and get to work with lots of brilliant brands
- You’ll be the first permanent hire of a funded startup
- You’ll have a flexible schedule. As long as you are meeting expectations and hitting your targets we don’t mind which times or days you work
- £23k - £27k base salary based on experience
- Option for the role to be part-time (3 or 4 days a week)
- Employee stock options
- Performance-based bonuses
- 25 days holiday
- Great office location in a creative community in London Fields. Netil House has a rooftop bar, an incredible cafe, and a amazing array of restaurants and bars on our doorstep
- Flexible working hours and working from home (minimum expectation of 2-3 days a week in the office)
- Wellness benefits
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A 2 minute video. We want to get to know you! Tell us who you are, where you’re based, and why you’re the best person for this role. Upload the video wherever you like (Drive, private YouTube etc) and send us the link
- Your CV
- Links to any social media accounts you've been involved with and/or content you've created
Note: please include the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Unfabled is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We’re passionate about building strong, diverse teams built from different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives, and are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.